Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kulim Town :- Jabatan Hutan Kulim

In the early 60's there was a forestry check point in front of the Kilang Lama Town Roundabout.
Timber lorries have to make a pit stop in front of the roundabout for checking by the foresters.

I got an article about the Kulim Forestry Office which was established in 1952:-


SOUTHERN KEDAH
DISTRICT FOREST OFFICE

The Southern Kedah Forestry Office was established in 1952. It is situated in Kulim. This Office administers the forest in the civil district of Kulim, Bandar Baharu, Baling, and a part Sik.

Southern Kedah Forestry Office administered an area of 270,495 hecters, and about 40% of it are Permanent Forest Reserve, that is 108,695 hectares. The breakdown of the area according to civil district is as follows:-

a) Bandar Baharu

b) Kulim

c) Baling

d) A part of Sik

....

....

....

....

1,449 hectares

26,706 hectares

66,539 hectares

14,001 hectares

The management of this office is lead by a District Forest Officer, and it is divided into three ranges, namely Kulim Range, Tawar Range and Weng Range.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tailim said...

Hi lalatbotak,
keep up the good work.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tai Lim!! Thanks for the support!!

Lalatbotak@Jamesbelacan!!

7:31 PM  
Blogger SinghKulim said...

Hi Botak indeed nice to see and read about kulim.I am from kulim in UK presently for the last 35 years.

I have some wonderful opictures of old Kulim will try and share then with all.

I have sat up my own blog ...Kulim Singh.I used someinformation about Kulim from you to introduce kulim, Hope you have no objections!!!

I am from St Patricks.Lived along jalan Tunku Putra.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr. Singh,

Whats the URL of your Blog! I have to visit your blog!!!!!!

I was in Jalan Pegawai since 1959.
Now , residing in Seri Kembangan.

Nice to have met you!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr. Singh,

Whats the URL of your Blog! I have to visit your blog!!!!!!

I was in Jalan Pegawai since 1959.
Now , residing in Seri Kembangan.

Nice to have met you!!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Wan Mokhtar Bin Awg.Ramlee Al-Sambas @ Dave Li Wanji said...

Hi James Belacan (kah kah kah....huuuu)

Very interesting blog you got here. pls visit my blogspot too. it is http://thetree-teensofkulimofthe1950s-1960s.blogspot.com
See you!

Dave Li Wanji

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home